Losing Fat 101: From Liposuction to CoolSculpting™
Are you having a hard time hiding your bulges? Before, jackets, spanx and tunics can hide your fats, but now, it can no longer hide all the fleshy prominences. Are you thinking of undergoing a cosmetic procedure? CoolSculpting™ sounds good, but so as liposuction. What do you think is a better choice?
Every person is different, you just need to find the better choice, based on your goals and health condition.
The Disadvantages of CoolSculpting™ and Liposuction
Are you considering Liposuction? Take note of these points:
- Potential for surface irregularities
- There are possible surgical complications and risks
- There will be few days of downtime; movement restrictions for 3 to 6 weeks
Here are the disadvantages of CoolSculpting™:
- Rare risks of increase in fat or pain
- Far less dramatic results compared with Liposuction
- You can pinch your bulges
These procedures are not substitute treatments for losing weight. It is important for the patient to eat plenty of calories than expected, so the remaining fact cells should expand. Furthermore, it doesn’t protect someone against gaining weight.
Both cosmetic procedures have limitations. Do you have annoying belly skin?
Then, you can undergo tummy tuck. Find an experienced surgeon who can provide you the best choice.
Is liposuction for you?
Let’s see of liposuction is the right procedure for you.
Liposuction originated in France back in around 1920. Around 1980, liposuction surgery finally gained a good reputation. At last, a surgeon can remove fats without using a knife, but by using a cannula (a little metal tube) and suction.
What happens during liposuction?
In liposuction, small incisions give access to fatty bulges for tummy liposuction.
Here is a short liposuction guide for potential patients:
- The surgeon should put IV fluid into the part that will be treated. This can enhance smoother contours. If needed, local anesthetic can be applied to numb the part.
- After injecting enough fluids, the doctor inserts a cannula. Then, the suction should be turned on.
- Little yellow lobules will go down the tubing, from the patient’s body to a canister.
- From different incision sites, the surgeon sculpts and tailors by looking for more bulges to remove.
- The progress is checked by feeling, pinching, looking and measuring the fat removed.
Is CoolSculpting™ for you?
CoolSculpting™ is a non-invasive approach championed by ZELTIQ Aesthetics. It received an approval from the FDA in 2010, and since then, its procedures were preferred by many people. Deloitte even recognized ZELTIQ Aesthetics as the number one fast-growing medical company.
Where did the “freezing fat treatment” came from? It was thought of by 2 dermatologists from Harvard. Their studies confirmed that adipose (fat) cell freezing can lessen bulges by around 20%.
Usually, a patient needs 1 to 3 procedures on that part to get a noticeable outcome. These findings led to the creation of CoolSculpting™.
What happens during CoolSculpting™?
- The practitioner will create a mark on the area to be treated. This is necessary for accurate device placement.
- A gel pad will be placed for skin protection. Then, applicator head is positioned properly. Afterwards, turn the vacuum on.
- 2 cooling panels will numb the specific area once the bulge is already removed through a cup.
- After 1 hour, the practitioner takes away the application cup. He or she will massage the frozen mound to break up more fat cells.
What is the better option for you? CoolSculpting™ or Liposuction?
Liposuction advantages over Coolsculpting™:
- Better contouring
- The possibility of simultaneous surgical procedures
- Quicker results
- More complete and more aggressive fat reduction procedure
- Can combine different heat-energy skin tightening approaches
CoolSculpting™ advantages over Liposuction:
- A treatment option for those who are unsure about undergoing surgery
- Minimal down time
- There are fewer risks (not entirely risk free)
- a noninvasive technology
- Lower price